Best roti maker in India 2021 Price
Rotis are the traditional flatbread from the Indian subcontinent which are eaten with cooked vegetables or different curries. Roti or chapatti is the most preferred choice for the night meal as it is healthy and easy to make. It is the most common staple diet in different places like Punjab where wheat is the main crop but it is also loved in other states like West Bengal and Maharashtra.
People love to eat rotis in their breakfast or dinner. Due to its health benefits, it is one of the most important diet most parts of India. But preparing a ‘gol’ or round roti with the help of a rolling pin, rolling board, and a griddle is extremely difficult, time-consuming and daunting. Many people don’t even know how to prepare a round roti. But nowadays, rotis can be made without those rolling pin or board easily. We have electric roti or chapatti maker, which is one of the most important and essential kitchen appliances. It is a great helping hand for working professionals and housewives who need to make a lot of rotis within a short period of time. It not only helps to save time but also energy. Nowadays, with the help of a roti maker, several round rotis can be prepared within minutes. Moreover, roti made in a chapatti maker is always round and puffed.
These roti makers are extremely economical. They also help to save gas and consume less power. There are various models of roti makers available in the Indian market at present. Availability of so many options, make it difficult to choose a proper and durable model for you. But this task can be made easy with the help of a list which will be given here. This list consists of some of the best roti makers that are doing great at present in the Indian market. Their features, pros, and cons will be discussed in details. This will help you to understand and know about each product. Other information related to roti makers and process of roti making will also be given here. So, do not skip and read till the end.
Important things to look for in a roti maker:
While purchasing a roti maker, it is quite obvious that you would want to know about all those important points and factors that you should note prior to your purchase. You would definitely not want to purchase a roti maker one day, and then you are compelled to get another one in just a month’s interval. It is extremely important to check the basic features in a roti maker before buying one. These features will help you to achieve the optimum result. Some of these important features include a non-stick coating, automatic temperature control, griddle size, safety, power consumption, light indicator, and many more. Let us discuss some of the important features to check before buying a roti maker.
Brand: It is important to consider the brand of a roti maker to achieve a good period of warranty and convenient after-sale service. Usually, a warranty period of 1 or 2 years are available on most of the roti makers from a good brand. Some brands also offer free replacements or repairing within the warranty period. A good brand offers good after-sale services too. All these make it very important to check the brand while buying a product. Major brands have service centers all over the major cities and towns. So, in case of difficulties, issues, or problems you can easily contact the service center.
Quality: Quality is extremely important. Quality of a roti maker affects the longevity and the functionality of the product. The roti maker should be made up good quality stainless steel and have a strong and shockproof plastic body. It must be long-lasting and highly functional. It should be able to withstand the rough usage of daily roti making.
Weight: Weight is another important thing to check while buying a roti maker. It is a device which is used almost daily. So, it should be light in weight for portability. Lightweight roti makers can be easily carried over from one place to another.
Size: Roti maker must have a compact size so that it can be easily stored away in the kitchen. A compact shape helps it to take minimal space in your kitchen and makes it extremely easy to use.
Power: It is very important to check how much power the roti maker consumes while preparing rotis. It should not be much high or else you will have to pay a lot of money on electricity bills.
Griddle material: The griddle of your roti maker should be made of aluminum and coated with non-stick material so that the dough of the rotis doesn’t stick to the walls or the surface of your roti maker.
Griddle size: The size of your griddle should be 8 to 12 inches wide so that you can make big and round rotis easily in your roti maker.
Temperature adjustment: Generally, most of the roti makers come with three temperature settings to choose from. They are low, medium, and high. This type of models help you to prepare rotis and other food items like khakra, dosa, omelets effectively and easily with the perfect temperatures used. Temperature plays a huge role in the outcome.
Handle: The handle must be made of good quality plastic which doesn’t heat up easily. Most of the models come with insulated handles which stay cool even at high temperatures to protect your hands from accidental burns. So, to prevent burning your hands while preparing rotis, you must buy a roti maker with an insulated handle.
Reasons to buy a roti maker:
If you have had a former experience of using a roti maker, it is needless to mention the added benefits that it offers! However, if in any case, you are planning to get a roti maker for the very first time in your life, here are a few reasons to buy it:
- It helps to save a lot of time and energy.
- With the help of a roti maker, you can make rotis easily within a few minutes.
- It makes your task effortless.
- It helps to make healthy rotis with very little oil.
Some of the best roti makers in India:
If you are planning to buy a roti maker, you can look around on the internet and you shall provide a wide range of items available out there and every brand seems to be claiming as “the best” in the category. Amidst all of it, this can be a really tough decision for you to decide which particular product to opt for! Here, is a list of some of the best roti makers in India. All the products listed here are made of top-quality materials and offer high performance throughout their lives.
Just note that the roti makers are reviewed here in a random order. This means that the products present at the end of the list are not less functional.
Prestige PRM 2.0 1200 Watt roti maker:
Time for a great prestige product! It is a great and innovative roti maker from Prestige which is loved by people all over the world for its quality, build, design, and high performance. It is extremely affordable. This amazing roti maker uses 1200Watts of power. The Non-stick coated plate is about 10inches wide which helps to make big and round rotis every time. The outer body is made with a combination of stainless steel and hard plastic which makes it strong, resisting, shockproof, and durable. It comes with two part indicators – red which indicates powered on and green which indicates plate heating. It is extremely easy and comfortable to use. It has a compact design stand which helps to take minimal space in the kitchen. It offers amazingly high performance and comes with a one year manufacturer warranty.
- It comes with a nonstick plate to make fluffy rotis.
- The temperature can be adjusted with the help of the control knob.
- It is extremely durable.
- It has a shock proof nature.
- It includes one year warranty services.
- The combination of stainless steel and plastic outer body is amazing.
- It is extremely safe to use.
- Rotis can be prepared only at high temperatures.
Molo Roti maker / Kakhra maker:
It is a budget-friendly roti maker which is made of good quality materials. It has a sturdy design which makes it long-lasting. It takes minimal space in the kitchen and can be operated hassle-free. This amazing roti maker helps to make soft rotis. It has a shockproof outer body. This device offers uniform heat all over the surface for proper cooking on all sides of the roti. It consumes only 900 Watts of power and operates at 230 Volts / 50 Hertz frequency. The heat of the non-stick plate can be adjusted according to the food you are preparing. The performance of this amazing roti maker is great. It helps to make oil-free foods easily without many efforts. The only problem with this amazing roti maker is no details of warranty are given.
- It has an anti-fall plate design.
- It is extremely affordable.
- It has dual heating element.
- It uses 900Watts of power.
- It operates at 230 volts.
- It has large gripping handles to hold and press.
- It has a red light indicator to know the current operation.
- No warranty details are known.
Sunflame roti maker:
This Sunflame roti maker can not only help you to make chapattis but also help to make omelets. It is a decent quality machine which is perfect for oil-free cooking. It can prepare soft rotis within minutes. It comes with the thermostat setting which helps to regulate the temperature for safety measures. The outer body is made of stainless steel material and the handle is made of plastic. It is extremely easy to open and close. It has a non-stick food griddle plate which converts the dough into a fine chapatti or roti absolutely oil-free. This amazing roti maker offers high performance and occupies very less space in the kitchen.
- It has amazing and durable stainless steel body.
- Presence of ergonomic plastic handle.
- Presence of thermostat setting for safety.
- It has a simple but attractive design.
- It comes with the two years’ warranty.
- It helps to make oil-free rotis within a couple of minutes.
- Presence of a non-stick food griddle plate.
- It is extremely easy to open and close.
- It offers uniform heating throughout the surface.
- It runs at 900W of power.
- It takes less space in the kitchen.
- It operates at high temperature which sometimes spoils the rotis that are being prepared.
Kerwa Non Stick shockproof roti maker:
This nonstick roti maker will be the perfect choice for you if you want to make smooth and crispy rotis simply at your home within minutes. This wonderful machine makes complex cooking tasks easy and quick. It can be used to prepare lots of dishes like rotis, papad, and many more in a few minutes. The outer body is made of stainless steel which is durable and sturdy. It has a beautiful design. The strong base is supportive and strong. The nonstick plate is coated with aluminum which helps in making roti effortlessly without sticking the dough onto the walls. The handle has an ergonomic design which helps to press the dough easily to a clear round shape. This machine consumes 4500 Watts of power. This roti maker is light in weight and is extremely versatile. Cleaning this device is also super easy. It can last for a very long time if used properly. It has a red LED indicator which lets you know when the device has reached the maximum temperature.
- It has a nonstick coating plate.
- It is very economical.
- The stainless steel material is extremely durable and strong.
- The handle has an ergonomic design.
- The body is shockproof.
- It is light in weight.
- It is versatile.
- It can be easily cleaned.
- It offers amazing performance.
- It comes with a red LED indicator.
- Poor manufacturing service.
Prestige PRM 3.0 stainless steel roti maker:
Prestige is a very reputed brand which is known to produce top-quality kitchen appliances. This Prestige roti maker is made from stainless steel material. It has a temperature control knob at the tip of the broad griddle where it meets the handlebar. This knob helps to control the temperature of the device so that the rotis can be cooked perfectly. Unfortunately, the numbering of the temperature at which the knob turns are not specified which causes a little bit problem initially but with time you will get used to it. The red indicator is for maximum and the green indicator is for minimum. It has a good quality nonstick plate. This can not only be used for making rotis but also other dishes like dosas, uttapams, khakras, etc. The handle is made of good quality plastic fiber which doesn’t heat up and remains cool. Moreover, you will never get electric shocks from it. This amazing roti maker is one of the best among the roti makers from Prestige. It is perfect for small to medium sized families. Bachelors can also buy this product without a second thought.
- It is perfect for small to medium sized families and even bachelors.
- Presence of an adjustable temperature control knob.
- It is made of high quality stainless steel material.
- Presence of a high quality nonstick griddle plate for perfect and fluffy rotis.
- It consumes only 900Watts of power.
- It is extremely durable.
- The handle and the body are made of plastic which are shockproof in nature.
- It comes with a one year manufacturer’s warranty.
- It takes a long time to cook a normal roti.
Tips to follow while purchasing a roti maker:
If you are planning to purchase a roti maker any time soon, and you do not know what all to look for, in your product, read this below mentioned list till the end as we are going to guide you through the best of the deals and all that you need to know before picking up one. Here are the tips that you need to know:
- You must buy a roti maker from an authorized brand or manufacturer. Buying products from a good and authorized brand will help you to achieve a good warranty period and after sale services.
- Do not compromise while purchasing a roti maker. Just because you need a roti maker urgently, doesn’t mean that you have to settle for something cheap on less functional.
- While buying a roti maker, try to consider the size and the weight of the product. It is better to buy a compact sized, lightweight roti maker for ease of use and functionality.
- Don’t forget to consider the power input while buying a roti maker.
- Don’t forget to read the user manual and the instructions while using any product. Most of the customer complains about the roti maker and say that the product is faulty but it is not always the case. It is very important to follow the instructions because different products have different ways of using.
- It is extremely important to check for certain important features while buying a roti maker. These features include the griddle size and material, the temperature adjustment knob, whether the body is shockproof or not, whether the handles are insulated or not, and many more.
How to make your rotis fluffy with the help of your roti maker?
To achieve fluffy rotis, you have to follow certain steps. Let’s start from the beginning, which is dough making.
- The first and foremost step of dough making is to sieve the atta to remove any grains or particles.
- Then add some water and salt for taste.
- You can also add a little bit of oil, butter, or ghee for the softness or to prevent the rotis from sticking.
- Knead the dough softly until it becomes soft, sticky, and mushy with smooth consistency.
- After that, let the dough rest for about 40 minutes.
- Then make small balls of dough.
Now time to use the roti make.
- First, switch on the roti maker and set it to the highest temperature.
- Wait till the light turns green. Green light indicates that the griddle is hot and ready for making fluffy rotis.
- Then take one small dough ball, flatten it a little, and put it in the center of the roti maker.
- Close the top of the roti maker and gently press it to flatten the ball.
- Open it immediately after flattening it.
- Cook it for a few seconds and flip it as you see bubbles appearing.
- Cook both sides evenly and you will see the roti is puffing on its own.
This is how you can make a good, round, and fluffy roti.
The following steps above can be also used for making parathas, papad, pancakes, omelets, and many more. But remember, in case of making pancakes and omelets do not close the top plate. Just flip it and inside will be cooked evenly.
What will you do if your roti doesn’t puff?
It is a very common problem that some customers face. Sometimes the roti doesn’t puff. In such case, slightly close the top lid and leave it there but don’t hold it. Slowly and evenly you will see your roti puffing and lifting the upper lid.
Important tips to follow while making the dough of roti:
If you are new to making a dough of roti, make sure that you follow the steps mentioned below to ease your task:
- You must add water slowly while kneading the dough. Adding too much water at once will lead to wrong consistency of the dough.
- The dough must be kneaded properly. It should be rubbery but soft.
- After kneading the dough, you must keep the dough at rest for 30 to 60 minutes for achieving the best results. Waiting for this much time helps the gluten to form which makes the roti puffy and soft. If you are in a hurry then at least you must rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Always use fresh dough for making rotis.
- Add a few drops of oil which will make the dough non-sticky and soft. It will help too cook the rotis properly.
Remember, eat hot rotis. If you keep the rotis for a long time after preparing it in a roti maker, they will harden faster and it will not taste good.
Dos and don’ts related to a roti maker:
- Do not put dough balls on a roti maker when it is not hot. Wait for the green indicator to lit up.
- Do not press the handle too hard or else it will break or bend.
- Do not wash the surface of the roti maker with water. Use a wet cloth to wipe it out.
- Before storing it again, wipe out the extra dough that is stuck on the surface of the roti maker.
- Be careful while using a roti maker when it is hot to prevent any burning.
- The handle doesn’t usually get hot but sometime if it gets hot, tie a cloth around it and then press to prevent burning.
- Do not place your roti make in a damp or wet area.
- In case of any type of problem or issues related with it, seek a professional and don’t try to fix it yourself.
A list of some of the best roti makers is given above with their features, pros, and cons discussed in detail. This list will guide you to your best possible roti maker. Other information related with the roti maker and rotis are also given here. We hope that you find this information extremely beneficial. Thank you for reading till the end. Have a good day and choose wisely.
More such article