Best Glucometer in India 2021
With the increasing risks of people towards diseases all across the world, it is absolutely important to make sure that we take enough care of our health and boost up our immune system to help our body combat all such issues. Having said so, it is essential to keep certain things on check, and one of them is none other than having an eye on the blood glucose level. A change in it can even lead to serious health complications. read full article on Best Glucometer in India
Keeping a glucometer at home is one of the best things that you can possibly do, as it will help you analyze the blood sugar level even at times when you could not make it to the doctor’s chamber. However, when it comes to choosing such vital instruments, you ought to have a fair idea about how it works, and all the factors that you would need to consider, so as to ensure that your investment didn’t go wrong.
Before diving deep into the topic, we have mentioned the primary function of a glucometer and why would you like to opt for one! We have further listed a few products along with their pros and cons to help you pick a glucometer of your choice.
What is a Glucometer?
A glucometer is a monitoring device which is used to monitor the blood glucose level of your body. It is a home measurement system that tests the amount of sugar or glucose present in your body’s blood. It is commonly known as glucose meter. This medical device is a key element to be present in homes of patients with diabetes mellitus or hypoglycemia.
The result is displayed in units of mg/dl or mmol/l. It helps the patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus and type 2 diabetes mellitus to achieve a closer-to-normal level of glucose in the blood. Thus, it reduces the risk of any fatal issues due to high or low glucose level. It is an amazing device which helps to keep a track on the glucose level of a person.
Some of the best glucometers in India:
A glucometer or a glucose meter is an amazing and beneficial monitoring device which can tell you your blood glucose levels within seconds. It helps you to check your glucose levels comfortably and efficiently. It can be carried over to various places quite easily because of its small and compact size. So, no matter where you are and how you are, you can easily check your sugar levels quickly. It is an extremely critical device which provides important information about your body.
Thus, it is extremely important to buy a good-quality glucometer. There are various glucometers present in the Indian market which are doing quite well. We will discuss some of the products here. The pros, cons, and other features of each product will be discussed in details which will help you to have a clear idea about each product. It will remove your confusion regarding so many products and help you to select one among these very easily. It will also help to save your time and energy.
Just note that the glucometers reviewed here are presented in random order. This means that the products present at the bottom of the list are not the least functional or less effective ones. To understand which glucometer will suit your lifestyle and preferences the best, read their individual features properly. Now let’s begin!
1. Dr. Morepen BG-03 Glucose meter:
- Only 0.5µL blood required
- Accurate and ergonomic model
- Beeper alert
- Kit Includes: Dr.Morepen Gluco One BG-03 Gluco Meter, Lancing Device, 10 Lancets, Battery, Plastic Case
This glucose meter from the brand Dr. Morepen is an amazing product. It is user-friendly and extremely affordable. It comes with amazing features at a very low price. It is a smart device with an ergonomic design. For high or low blood glucose level, it beeps. So, you can be easily alerted and can go to the doctor in time. Only 0.5µl blood is required to perform the blood glucose level test by this amazing device. So, it makes giving blood and testing the sugar level less painful.
It provides result within 5 seconds so you do not have to waste your time waiting for the result. It can be taken anywhere. It offers high accuracy. It can store up to 300 blood glucose test results. It comes with a built-in storage feature to keep a record of the blood glucose test. The strips are quite budget-friendly and are easily available in the market. It comes with a lifetime warranty so you can trust this device purely. It includes 25 strips, a Lancing device, 10 lancets, batteries, and a plastic case.
- It is highly accurate.
- It is extremely affordable.
- It requires only 0.5µl blood.
- It comes with a beeper alert for low and high blood glucose level.
- It can store up to 300 blood glucose result.
- It comes with a built-in storage feature to keep a record of the result.
- It is fast.
- It is reliable.
- It has an ergonomic design.
- The strips expire shortly.
- The results are a bit inconsistent.
- Very few warranty support centers are available.
2. Dr. Trust (USA) Fully automatic Glucometer:
- GDH-FAD Strip: Measures the blood sugar level accurately with test strips based on FAD-dependent glucose dehydrogenase (GDH-FAD) enzymes. GDH-FAD avoids galactose and maltose interference in blood samples
- Ketone Alert: Dr Trust (USA) Glucometer gives early warning if your ketones are rising or are out of balance in your blood. It will reduce incidence of diabetic ketoacidosis or DKA by knowing that your ketones level reaches over15 mol/L
- Alternate Site Testing: GDH-FAD strips can be applied to small blood samples (0.5µL) collected from upper arm, forearm, hand, fingertips, etc. Simple to use glucometer have a quick testing time and provides instant results
- All-in-1 Pack: The package includes everything that you need for testing your blood sugar. The pack includes the Dr Trust Glucometer, 60 testing strips, 60 lancets, 2 AAA batteries, 1 lancing device, 1 carry case and user manual
- 3 Modes: General Mode to take blood glucose measurements at any point of the day. AC Mode to take the measurements in the early morning on an empty stomach. PC mode to take the readings after taking a meal
It is an amazing, user-friendly glucometer which offers comfortable blood glucose testing. It shows results quite quickly and comes with lots of amazing features. It requires only 0.5µl blood which makes testing less painful. This glucometer uses GDH-FAD strips which avoid oxygen variations in blood. So, no maltose or galactose interferences are seen in the blood samples. The samples are usually taken from capillaries or arteries for testing. It is one of the best glucometers present in the entire market.
If your ketone levels are high it will alert you. So, it doesn’t only help you to pay attention on the glucose level but also on the ketone levels. It is an additional feature which makes it more worthy. It is extremely accurate and offers quick result. No coding is required, so less chance of error. The device has a backlight display which makes reading the result easy, especially at night. The result comes with a smiley face. A happy face indicates good result and a sad face indicates a bad result.
It can store approximately 1000 recent results with date and time. It is more than enough. So, you can have a whole blood glucose test results with their date and time stamp on them. A strip ejection feature is present in this device which helps you to dispose the strip without even touching it, so less chance of infection. It shows result in two different units – mg/dl and mmol/l. Reminders can be set to alert you when to take the test.
It features three modes Gen, AC, and PC. The AC mode helps to take readings in the morning when you are having an empty stomach. The PC mode takes reading post-meal. The Gen or the general mode can be used to take result at anytime of the day. It comes with free strips, lancets, Lancing device, a case, as well as a digital thermometer.
- It can store up to 1000 test results.
- It comes with backlight display.
- It also shows ketone level.
- It has a strip ejection button.
- It has three modes for taking tests at different times of the day.
- It shows result in two different units.
- The results are displayed with a Smiley.
- It is fast.
- It uses GDH-FAD stripes.
- The stripes are a bit costly.
- Sometimes, the results are inappropriate.
3. Contour TS blood glucose meter:
A great product from the brand Contour! It is an extremely reliable and easy to use glucometer. It can be used both at home and at clinics. It is perfect for checking the blood glucose level. It is 100% trustworthy. It requires only 0.6µl blood to test which gives you a less painful blood glucose reading. It can store up to 250 blood glucose results. It has a broad range for testing – 10mg/dl to 600mg/dl, which is quite enough. It comes with automatic hematocrit compensation and control solution detection.
It is designed to use the venous capillary whole blood. So, you get an alternative site testing option. It is great as you do not have to prick your fingertips every time. It makes this testing less painful. It comes with automatic coding, so very minimal chance of error is present. One just has to put the strip into the orange part of the meter and it will turn on. After 5 seconds countdown you will see your result.
The old results can be seen my pressing the M button. An average of 14 days results can also be taken. It comes with a lifetime warranty. The Contour TS test stripes expires after 2years. It is amazing because you do not have to run to the pharmacy now and then to buy stripes.
The display is quite big so that the results can be seen comfortably along with the date, time, and temperature. The result can be transferred to your computer with the help of a Bayer data cable. A brand management software is required for this purpose. The kit includes 10 free testing strips. The accuracy is amazing. It is an extremely convenient glucometer that is quite popular in the Indian market.
- It is extremely accurate.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The strips have longer life.
- The result is shown within 5 seconds.
- It is easy to see the result.
- It is easy to use.
- It comes with 10 free testing strips.
- It can be connected to a computer with a Bayer data cable to transfer the result.
- It can store up to 250 blood glucose test results.
- The memory is a quite low.
- It takes a bit longer than other glucometers in this list to operate.
4. Accu-Check instant S blood glucose meter:
- Visual reassurance with target range indicator: An intuitive target range indicator that gives you visual reassurance and also lets you individualize it to suit your personal goals.
- A clutter-free screen: The meter only displays that which is relevant, easy to understand information. Your test results and your averages (7/30/90 days) are visible on the meter.
- Accurate* blood glucose measurement: The Accu-Chek Instant meter is one of the most accurate systems and it fulfills ISO 15197:2013
- standards of accuracy.
- Easy-Edge test strips: Accu-Chek Instant S easy-edge test strip has the largest dosing window of any major blood glucose test strip. It can be dosed anywhere along the edge and automatically absorbs the blood from the patient’s finger.
It is a compact and easy to use a glucometer. It has a one-button operation. No coding is required. One just has to put the stripe and check the blood glucose level. It gives an amazingly accurate result. It has a 9 coloured range indication system so that you can easily set your normal range. It will tell you whether your blood glucose level is high, low, or in perfect range with the help of the color system.
It helps you to reach the diabetes management goals easily. For people searching for easy indication of their blood sugar level, it is an amazing product. It comes with the LCD backlit feature which makes reading the result especially at night quite easy. People with low vision can see the result easily without any strain to the eyes. It has a sleek and modern design.
It can save up to 720 recent blood glucose results so that you can keep a track on them. You can check the results in your computer. It will display 7, 30, 90 days average result. 30 recent control solution test results can also be stored in this device. It comes with a micro USB port so that the data can be transferred to the computer. If you have a diabetes management software in your computer, you can check all the 720 recent results.
It helps you to take readings from the whole capillary blood so that you can have more sites to prick for blood. You can take blood from your forearm, upper arm, palm and many more. It makes the blood glucose level testing less painful. It comes with 10 stripes and control solution.
- It doesn’t require any coding.
- It comes with a micro USB port for transferring the data to a computer.
- It offers alternate site testing.
- It has a compact, sleek, and modern design.
- It includes ten stripes.
- It can store approximately 720 data.
- The LCD has backlit feature for easy visibility.
- It features easy indication of the blood sugar level.
- It is not always perfectly accurate.
- No USB cable is included in the box.
5. Accu-check active blood glucose meter:
- Accurate blood glucose measurement: The Accu-Chek Active Glucometer is one of the most accurate systems and it fulfills ISO 15197:2013
- standards of accuracy.
- No coding required: Accu-Chek Active blood glucose meter is easy to use as it doesn’t require any code chip for coding the meter.
- Two-button intuitive handling: With only two buttons to operate, Accu-Chek Active is an easy-to-handle device.
- Visual double-check: To ensure accurate* blood glucose measurement, Accu-Chek Active allows you to double-check the displayed result. Match colour code to assure results accuracy.
This amazing blood glucose meter is small in size. It offers amazing features. Some of the features include security alerts, meal marker, a great memory, pre-set date and time, and many more. It has only two buttons that can be used to operate this glucometer. So, it has an easy operation system.
The display is quite large which makes reading the result quite easy. It is an amazing product and extremely mobile. To you this glucose meter, first one has to put the strip into the meter and then blood. The opposite can also be done. It will take only 5 to 8 seconds to show the right result.
The pre meal or post-meal testing alerts can be set. The post-meal alert will remind you to test the blood after 2 hours of having your meal. These alerts are amazing and help to provide a proper result. If you insert an expired strip or if you are under-dosed then this device will give you an alert. You can easily re-dose in 10 seconds after the alert. The alerts are extremely beneficial and help to provide the right result.
It can store up to 500 blood glucose results. One can check the 7, 14, 30 and 90 days average result easily. It offers 100% accuracy. It comes with a micro USB port which helps to connect the glucometer to the computer so that you can manage and analyze the results properly. But you need to have a diabetes management software in computer for that purpose.
- It comes with under-dosing and re-dosing alert options.
- It comes with an expired strip alert.
- It offers meal markers alert.
- It has a micro USB port for connecting the device with the computer.
- It offers amazing accuracy.
- It can store up to 500 blood glucose results.
- It shows results within 5 to 8 seconds.
- The display is quite large which makes reading the result quite easily.
- It is extremely small in size and super portable.
- The strips are a bit costly.
- It doesn’t have clear instruction in the user manual.
6. Contour plus one glucometer:
This glucometer from Contour plus one is an extremely accurate and efficient glucometer that comes with smartphone compatibility. This means that it can be connected with a smartphone through Bluetooth. After connecting it to the phone, one has to sync it to the Contour diabetes app. It allows the user to set up a profile on the app that helps to manage the blood glucose level easily and keep a track on it.
So, if you want to manage your diabetes and glucose results with comfort and ease, it is one of the best products for you to have. The records will be in your phone so that you can easily view it whenever you want. It will also remind you of your doctor’s appointment as per the alarm that you need to set. It comes with smart light feature which helps you too see the result properly. A target range can be set for the glucose reading. This will help the device to tell you when the result is below, above or in the target range.
It comes with the second chance feature which allows you to put more blood on the same strip within 60 seconds for the test in case you have not put enough blood for the glucose test in the beginning. So, it lessens the pain. The accuracy is quite high. Moreover, it also helps you to save a lot of strips and Lancet. An emergency contact can be set on the app in case of high or low blood sugar.
You can put local emergency number in that. It comes with a memory of 800 blood glucose test results so that you can keep a long detailed record of your blood glucose level. This feature helps it to manage long-time diabetes and treatment plans. It is extremely classy and a high-quality product. The price can be a bit high but the features offered by this device are amazing.
- It comes with the second chance feature.
- It is extremely accurate.
- It has the capacity of having 800 blood glucose test results.
- It can also set reminders.
- It offers fast and easy results which takes only 5 seconds to form.
- It has smartphone compatibility.
- It allows you to set an emergency contact on the app.
- It is a bit costly.
7. One-Touch Select Plus Glucometer:
- So simple; No set up; No buttons; No coding
- Easier to understand blood glucose results with colour sure technology and audio signals
- Uses select plus test strips
- Accurate, meets latest international standards of ISO 15197:2013
- Requires only a small amount of blood (1 µl)
It is an amazing, compact, and easy to use glucometer. It doesn’t require any coding, setup, or buttons to operate. Using this device is extremely simple. It uses the latest international standards to provide you accurate results. It can be used directly after unpacking. Learning to use this glucometer is super easy. It can be used by people who don’t know a single thing about a glucometer.
It is one of the best global meters for people who have just started this type of testing. One just has to put a strip out of the box, put the blood on the strip, and place it into the glucometer. It will show the results within seconds. It has a color and sound alert system. If the blood glucose level is high, it will show blue color with a fast beep. If the levels are healthy it will show a green color with a single beep.
If you have a low blood glucose level then it will show a red color with a slow beep. So, it is an amazing device for people who have visual disability. It requires only 1µl of blood to test and give you results within 5 seconds.
- It is easy to use.
- It has a great design.
- It doesn’t require any coding or set up.
- It comes with a beep and color alert system.
- It is fast.
- The results are not always accurate. Sometimes, errors are seen.
- It doesn’t come with a memory to keep a record of the results.
Why to purchase a glucometer?
The answer to this question is very logical and practical. A glucometer helps to manage the blood glucose level so that you do not have to face any fatal condition due to your diabetes. It makes your life comfortable and super easy. Diabetes can cause blindness, kidney failure, heart attacks, stroke, and lower limb amputation.
Diabetes seems light but it can cause huge destruction to your body. This amazing device is quite helpful. It helps to keep a check on your blood glucose level so that you do not fall victim to low or high blood glucose levels. In case of low or high blood glucose levels, you can rush to the doctor quickly for the right treatment.
Nowadays, people are very busy with their modern lifestyle. Lab tests for blood sugar daily are quite problematic. This device which can be carried around everywhere in your pocket or bag is a blessing for people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Now, we know why a glucometer is so important and what the purpose of a glucometer is. A list of some of the best glucometers present in the Indian market is given above. I have discussed their features, pros, and cons in details for you to have a clear idea about each product. Read the features clearly so that you can decide which product to buy. I hope that you find this information beneficial. Thank you for reading till the end. Hope you have a good day and choose wisely!
Hope we could actually help you with the right decision of picking up a glucometer that serves your purpose as well as fit in your budget. Do let us know about which one of the above-listed products did you pick, and your experience with the same. Your feedback will surely help us grow!
More such article you may like are